John M. Wolfson, Esq.
Admitted to Connecticut Bar, 1983
U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1984
U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
U.S. Tax Court, 2004
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2005
Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court, 2007
Drew University, B.A., 1980
University of Connecticut, J.D., 1983
Omicron Delta Epsilon
Business and Financial Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Employment Litigation, Tax and Audits Controversies, Professional Liability, Lender Liability, Franchise Law, Defense of Theft of Cable and Satellite Television Signals, Probate Disputes
- Obtained summary judgment in the U.S. District Court on behalf of taxpayers of the Town of Bloomfield, Connecticut, upholding the validity of a referendum to authorize $94.6 million in bonding to renovate five Bloomfield schools.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement of securities class action litigation.
- Successfully defended one of New England’s largest agricultural businesses from civil RICO charges.
- Successfully obtained a judgment on behalf of the owner of a closely held corporation in a case to determine the ownership of the corporation.
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict in a civil antitrust case involving a private golf club.
- Successful outcomes in numerous preliminary injunction hearings involving trade secret claims and restrictive covenants.
- Successful representation of a franchisee in a dispute with its franchisor involving claims of encroachment.
- Successfully handled numerous employment discrimination claims on behalf of both employers and employees, including allegations of discrimination arising out of age, gender, race, national origin and disabilities.
- Secured the withdrawal of a multi-million dollar claim for property damages against a construction company client.